Triumph Tiger 660 Sport

knyte

• Supporting Member

So, my g/f bought one the first year they came out - she went on a test ride and bought it the same day.  She's 5'4", so we lowered the suspension and added risers as well as a lowered seat.  The lowered seat is about as soft as cardboard, but she likes it for commuting (I'm betting the aftermarket will provide something - Seat Concepts for example).  Even the factory seat isn't much better.

All that aside, it's a great bike, and of very similar design to the FJ or Tracer.  Upright riding position.  Throttle-by-wire and a cabled clutch.  In-line triple, mounted low down.  With 17" tires, it, like our CP3 bikes, feels very light and agile.  ABS and TCS.  The engine comes from another model (the Trident).  The windshield can be raised and lowered by a handle to push it down or raise it up through the detents.  The list goes on; they just seem to share so many design elements.

They come with Road 5's from the factory.  Maintanence intervals are long - 10,000 km's between oil changes.

There is some compelling value in these bikes!

Triumph Tiger Sport 660 - Specs, Top Speed, Horsepower

• Thumbsup 6

2015 FJ-09 / FJR touring bags / oil plug mod / Evotech rad guard / SW Motech bash plate / VStream touring windshield / Seat Concepts:  Sport Touring / Vcyclenut ABS rings (speedo correction) / Cosmo RAM mount

• Supporting Member
1 hour ago, knyte said:

All that aside, it's a great bike, and of very similar design to the FJ or Tracer.  Upright riding position.  Throttle-by-wire and a cabled clutch.  In-line triple, mounted low down.  With 17" tires, it, like our CP3 bikes, feels very light and agile.  ABS and TCS.  The engine comes from another model (the Trident).  The windshield can be raised and lowered by a handle to push it down or raise it up through the detents.  The list goes on; they just seem to share so many design elements.

I must admit my first thought when looking at it was that it's a Yamaha with a different badge.   Very similar.

I assume you've ridden it - how does it compare ride wise to the Yamaha other than in looks and some functionality?

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member

I haven't, actually, at least not a REAL ride.  Around the block at best.  It felt fine, zero complaints.  The engine is similar to our CP3's - it felt equally linear in the wee bit I rode it.  Sadly, the rear preload is the only suspension adjustment.  From the sounds of it, it all works well together just the same.  Nimble, torquey, handles well, loves to rev high.

• Thumbsup 1

2015 FJ-09 / FJR touring bags / oil plug mod / Evotech rad guard / SW Motech bash plate / VStream touring windshield / Seat Concepts:  Sport Touring / Vcyclenut ABS rings (speedo correction) / Cosmo RAM mount

I looked at a 660.  Very appealing but I never rode one.  No dealers close to me and I found the deal on my Tracer so I didn't pursue it.  Still, very happy I ended up with the Transalp ... it's a great bike on the highway and works really well on gravel and trails too.

• Thumbsup 2

There is never enough time or money to do it right the first time.