2019 Tracer 900 GT Primary Drive Issues

I I have a 2019 Tracer 900 GT and I'm having issues with the cushions in the primary drive failing. So far I've purchased two new primary drives for this bike and after 2500 miles the cessions start to ware or harden causing a resonance frequency through out he engine and handlebars when there is no load of friction on the engine while riding the bike. After installing new primary drives in the bike it runs smoother than a mayonnaise sandwich. After or around 2500 miles the same issues start again. I'm planning on rebuilding this myself using YZF450 primary drive issues and hopefully that will do the trick. I cant be the only one experiencing this issue on this forum. Let me know if you've experienced this and if wo what di you do for a long term solution? Thanks everyone and have a great day!  

Edited by Stylo Steve
Misspelled word. Caused by my Texas education.

13 hours ago, Stylo Steve said:

I I have a 2019 Tracer 900 GT and I'm having issues with the cushions in the primary drive failing. So far I've purchased two new primary drives for this bike and after 2500 miles the cessions start to ware or harden causing a resonance frequency through out he engine and handlebars when there is no load of friction on the engine while riding the bike. After installing new primary drives in the bike it runs smoother than a mayonnaise sandwich. After or around 2500 miles the same issues start again. I'm planning on rebuilding this myself using YZF450 primary drive issues and hopefully that will do the trick. I cant be the only one experiencing this issue on this forum. Let me know if you've experienced this and if wo what di you do for a long term solution? Thanks everyone and have a great day!  

It's a known issue known as the gronk.

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member

Hmm... I suspect the issue goes beyond "gronk", or we're not understanding the issue. I recall that @betoney had similar issue(s) that were covered by warranty... but 2500 mile cushion life sounds ridiculously low.

@Stylo Steve... are we talking the same thing?

• Thumbsup 2

canada.gif.22c5f8bdb95643b878d06c336f5fe29f.gif

• Supporting Member
Just now, piotrek said:

Hmm... I suspect the issue goes beyond "gronk", or we're not understanding the issue. I recall that @betoney had similar issue(s) that were covered by warranty... but 2500 mile cushion life sounds ridiculously low.

@Stylo Steve... are we talking the same thing?

Yes, you are correct, infact my service manager had mine replaced twice under warranty before the Y.E.S. expired.  Both replacements were at around 30k mile intervals, I haven't got to 90k miles yet to see if it will need attention for the third time.

I agree with you that replacement every 2,500 miles is not right at all, It sounds like there is something very wrong happening. 

• Thumbsup 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• 3 weeks later...

2500 miles is ridiculously low for this new primary drive to fail.  Just purchased another one from Partzilla so we'll see what happens. I'll ;et y'all know how it dose.