600 mile service

20 minutes ago, Chowda said:

I'm more worried about the electronic gizmos than anything else. I paid $500 for a 5 year extended warranty so didn't feel too put off by it.

It certainly won’t hurt to have the extended warranty, I’ve done the same thing myself. Hopefully, your experience will be like mine, and you will never need it. Enjoy your new bike; they are amazing. 

• Thumbsup 1

• 2 weeks later...

Got the 600 mile service done today. Only took a couple of hours and cost $271 out the door after a $50 off Yamaha service coupon I got for taking a Yamaha survey. 

I'll do the rest until the 26k mile valve check.

I asked the service person about going to full synthetic oil when I got the service done and she suggested waiting until 8000 miles (3rd oil change). They used conventional 10w40 Yamalube oil.

Do you agree or disagree with her and why or why not? I ask because I bought a gallon of Yamalube full synthetic, Yamaha filter and a crush washer for the next oil change. Maybe I should save it for the 3rd change.

8 hours ago, Chowda said:

I asked the service person about going to full synthetic oil when I got the service done and she suggested waiting until 8000 miles (3rd oil change). They used conventional 10w40 Yamalube oil.

Do you agree or disagree with her and why or why not? I ask because I bought a gallon of Yamalube full synthetic, Yamaha filter and a crush washer for the next oil change. Maybe I should save it for the 3rd change.

Good lord, there are so many motorcycles coming from the factory now with full synthetic, there is ZERO credibility to what/why she said what she did. 🤦‍♂️ Old myths and misinformation, I have been running full synthetic since the 600 mile change.......just do it and ignore the ignorant people.

• Thumbsup 1

1 hour ago, Ride365 said:

Good lord, there are so many motorcycles coming from the factory now with full synthetic, there is ZERO credibility to what/why she said what she did. 🤦‍♂️ Old myths and misinformation, I have been running full synthetic since the 600 mile change.......just do it and ignore the ignorant people.

^This. Old wives tales die hard.