Gravel / Forest Service Roads

Oh yeah the WR250R can rip well in the twisty bits, just nothing left when the tarmac straightens out a bit. LOL

20 minutes ago, Ride365 said:

Oh yeah the WR250R can rip well in the twisty bits, just nothing left when the tarmac straightens out a bit. LOL

100%!

On 7/3/2024 at 10:51 PM, wanderer said:

Variety. Get something different just to try something different! I think it crazy to have two bikes which are the same.

That's a really good point.  Thanks for stating what should be obvious.  I do love my FJ 09.

Update.  The Super Tenere is just too big for me.  The search continues.  Looking at the KTMs but love the Japanese finish and reliability.  Perhaps an older Africa Twin.  There are some around from 16-17 at a reasonable price.

The Africa twins are still pretty darn big (though not as heavy as the S10). Have you looked into a dual sport?  Even a DR, XR, KLR?  

• Supporting Member
1 hour ago, LarryBud said:

Perhaps an older Africa Twin.  There are some around from 16-17 at a reasonable price.

Nothing wrong with the Africa Twin, my buddy has the first gen 1,000cc AT.

We swapped bikes for a day, it was a very good all purpose bike but my recollection was that I didn't care for the stock gearing, it felt too low for street riding.  I kept riding it at higher rpms to get the most of the motor, rarely getting higher than 4th gear. 

If I was wanting to go on a crazy ride to Alaska or Yukon with a lot of gravel or dirt highways, the AT would probably be right near the top of my list of bikes.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***