New Member here out west!

Thanks Draco 1967.  

I really like it.  In 2 weeks I have put 2,000 miles on it.   It seems a little too perfect, my only criticism is that i wish there was more low end torque.  I wonder if I should've gotten the FJ1300ES.   Oh well. I guess I don't need the extra "get in trouble" power anyway. 

I would love to ride with someone.  I am a decent rider.    

On 6/21/2024 at 8:59 AM, MikeD said:

Thanks Draco 1967.  

I really like it.  In 2 weeks I have put 2,000 miles on it.   It seems a little too perfect, my only criticism is that i wish there was more low end torque.  I wonder if I should've gotten the FJ1300ES.   Oh well. I guess I don't need the extra "get in trouble" power anyway. 

I would love to ride with someone.  I am a decent rider.    

I switched from an FJR to the Tracer. The FJR is a rocket ship, but it's 200lbs heavier than the Tracer. It was better at eating up highway miles, but the Tracer is so much more fun when the roads get interesting.

Keep the revs up higher and you will have plenty of torque available. The triple likes to be above 4k rpm. You can also go up 2 teeth on the rear sprocket to add a little more zip. 

Send me a PM and we can set something up to ride. What part of Utah? 

Draco,

I think you would agree... The  Tracer is phenomenal in the "twisties."  I am not kidding when I say I think it is more flickable than the older Ducati Monster 1000 I was riding prior to the Tracer.  And more comfortable than the Ducati Diavel I had before that. 

Yamaha is superior in maintenance schedule as well.  Far superior.  

• Thumbsup 2