Bar risers, bigger pegs, better windshield?

Hey it's been a long time. It literally took months to be able to log back into my account. Not sure what's up with this site. 

2022 Tracer 900GT

Anyway I want to bring my bars up and closer to me. Is there risers you guys recommend that will fit without having to replace all the cables? This, and sending my ecu out to get flashed since there isn't a power commander for us, installing my sprint po8 air filter and replacing the windshield is the last upgrades for my bike and I'll be done. We'll actually I also need some bigger and better pegs if you guys have recommendations for those and the windshield too, I'd appreciate it. I just want one with that lip that curves up at the top probably and I think that will completely clear my helmet. And black, not clear.

Thanks!

Edited by Headgas
Bike info

2 hours ago, Headgas said:

Hey it's been a long time. It literally took months to be able to log back into my account. Not sure what's up with this site. 

Anyway I want to bring my bars up and closer to me. Is there risers you guys recommend that will fit without having to replace all the cables? This, and sending my ecu out to get flashed since there isn't a power commander for us, installing my sprint po8 air filter and replacing the windshield is the last upgrades for my bike and I'll be done. We'll actually I also need some bigger and better pegs if you guys have recommendations for those and the windshield too, I'd appreciate it. I just want one with that lip that curves up at the top probably and I think that will completely clear my helmet. And black, not clear.

Thanks!

What year is your bike? That will make a difference on some of these recommendations.

I have the MotoPumps riser blocks (which they don't sell any more), but the Helibar riser does the same thing. It raises the bars and moves them back about 1 1/8"

I have a Madstad windshield that works very well for me, but if all you want is the lip to improve airflow, have you tried the Amazon/Ebay adjustable windshield extensions?

For pegs, I have the "Adventure" pegs from a Super Tenere. They are much more comfortable, but they don't bolt right up - they need a little filing to fit. A popular alternative is the FJR1300 rubber-topped pegs. They are cheap and easy to install. 

• Thumbsup 1

Posted (edited)

Hey thanks. I don't know about the Amazon one. Is it one that clips on the top? I thought about that. But I want the hole windshield to be black. Also the stock windshield is so wobbly when cleaning it. And you have to remove it to clean behind it. It's kind of annoying. And I'll look up those risers and the fjr1300 pegs. I have to pay a shop to do everything because I am not mechanically inclined at all sadly. But I don't want anything that won't bolt right up.  Is the helibar riser as high as we can go without messing with the cables too much ,or changing them?

Edited by Headgas
Typos

I think the Helibar riser is about as far as you can go with stock cables and lines. 

There are two variants of the windshield extender, and they both clamp to the top of the screen. Here is one (link). Unfortunately, most windscreens will need to be removed to clean behind. There are tons of opinions on best windscreen, so it's hard to say what works best. 

What part of Utah are you in? I'm in Salt Lake area (Midvale). If you want help installing stuff, I have a nicely set up garage with a lift. 

• Thumbsup 1

Posted (edited)

Yea I know you have to clean behind them all and there are different opinions. I just think if it's a dark one it will hide if there are water spots and stuff behind where it attaches better.  Plus I think it looks better. 

Ok sounds good. Anything is better than nothing. I don't need a lot I'm sure that riser will be helpful. 

That would be amazing. Shop prices are so expensive. I bought my bike at young powersports layton and I go there for everything. Prices are crazy. I just live up in Ogden. I am also looking for someone(s) to ride with. I have had serious trouble finding real bikers since moving to Utah for some reason and no one ever wants to ride lol. 

Edited by Headgas
Typo

I'm not sure what that is, or how hard that is to install, or if it fits on the 2022. It only says up to 2021. I don't see why the 2022 would be any different though.

I would assume it is the same for '22. They had a similar thing on the FJR1300 risers - just an extension on the brake line to give a little more slack. It wouldn't be too hard to install, it just requires bleeding the brakes. 

WRT to finding fellow riders, I understand. I prefer riding in very small groups, and my usual buddies are difficult to get together these days.

PM me if you want to set up time to work on the bike or ride.