this friggin software... MyRide-link and Garmin Motorize on a 2024 Tracer GT+

4 hours ago, betoney said:

A question to anyone who has actually gotten this setup to work continuously for any length of time and traveled to remote regions - How does it perform with no cell reception? does it cache map data once a route is established and able to work in 'offline'-mode?  is it even functional out in the middle of nowhere... where you would actually need it?

90% of my riding is to remote areas, mountains, deep forests, desert regions etc all with zero chance of cell reception.  The 2 greatest features of my GPS are 'Home' and 'Nearest Gas Station', I would hope there is some sort of provision for use outside of cell range or is this more of a feature aimed at urban commuting type use?

You can choose what to download when you install. Motorize and add downloaded North America so all you need is a GPS

• Thumbsup 2

On 6/22/2024 at 7:48 PM, Bman9GT said:

First day on this forum. Just got my bike 2 weeks ago. 

My first experience with the Garmin was less than pleasant. I was able to get guidance running the first time around. However, during our break with my riding group, when I went to fire things up again, I was continually getting "Connection Error". Doesn't inspire a lot of confidence when I'm sometime the lead of my group and need to stay on our designated route.

Oh, I also wasn't able to get turn-by-turn directions working.

I used to ride a BMW GSA. I was happy enough with the Garmin interface and functionality. Plus I used Kurvinger as my backup GPS in case there was a conflict. Unfortunately, I can't run both on my phone now. I might just stick with Kurvinger, it's a decent enough GPS app.

I'm going to try what fezmond recommended with disconnecting the USB.

The setup and configuration are definitely a kludge. There is no need to have to utilize both BT and... Wifi and... USB and MyRide.... and Garmin. To many points of failure.

Thanks for all the posts.

Hi Bmangt+

I deleted my wifi connection on my Samsung a53 5g and only connects the Bluetooth and USB lead as suggested by motochick previously, it takes about 30secs for the app symbol to appear on your bike dash but once that shows and the myride-link app opens I then open motorise in that app and I get a pop up message on my phone saying "phone connected and ready to mirror".

I create my routes on Basecamp then export to a folder on my laptop, once I have or my routes compiled I transfer them to a folder on my phone sd card then just share them to motorise. This can all be done well in advance of trip. I've got mine or sorted for our short trip in July and like you I'm always the leader of our group.

• 2 weeks later...

long term update.  been a while now.

First off, I now consider this robust and dependable, minimal issues.  Using it frequently.
About 30 seconds after turning the ignition to ON, the Bluetooth connection between the bike and my iPhone autoconnects, no effort on my part - good.  While I'm looking at the phone, I switch my phone's Wifi from the house service to the bike's hotspot.  It works fine.  (Here's a minor distraction - the phone often claims a "password error" for the bike's hotspot.  I ignore that false message without issue).  Then, on the phone, I fire up the MyRide App, without paying it much attention, and start the Garmin Motorize App.  Finally, a long push on the 'home' button on the bike, accept the disclaimer, and good to go.

The Motorize App is actually quite good.  I save destinations in the app when I'm sitting around the house.  It knows where gas stations are located.  The "go home" feature is most useful for my habit of intentionally getting lost.  It understands intersections.  Maps are onboard, no continuous download required.  No touchscreen required, all controlled easily with joystick and button.   Only thing I really miss from Waze is the British woman saying, "Police reported ahead."

• Thumbsup 1

• 1 month later...

Using an IPhone,, nearly gave up on garmin Motorize,, but found a workaround.

disable wifi

connect a small usb hub between The bike and The Phone.

Instant Connect every time 🙂