Tire Pressure - Tracer GT 2021

So, probably been anwered before. But I find no good information on this.

What is a recommended tire pressure with no luggage?
And pressure with luggage and passenger?

I did previosly even get a tips to increase the pressure to lower the wear if i would know I would go on highway for a long period of time. Is this even "worth" the extra work for the "saved" wear of the tire?

Though a different pressure regarding alone riding and full traveler mode with passenger must be a good "to do" to increase safety  / and wear of the tire?

Thank you all!

Posted (edited)

The Yamaha stock recommendation is 36/42 with no gear, 36/42 with luggage, and 36/42 with luggage and passenger.

Don't know why they bother with different scenarios.

But that is only a recommendation. What tyres are you using, how do you ride, what are the roads like, Is it hot or cold where you ride, do you prefer grip or long life?

On my old Rosso III's I used 36/40, on my current Road 6 I use 32/38, on my preferred tyre the 01SE 34/38.

I usually up the rear with extra weight, but not by much. Never more than 42.

On a recent trip in very hot weather I had to drop my Road 6 tyres to equivalent of 30/34 cold as I kept activating the front ABS under heavy braking.

You really need to experiment.

Edited by OZVFR
  • Thumbsup 2

• Supporting Member

Recent thread I started on tire pressure, it may help.  Bottom line; experiment and find what works best for you.

Dave moss video

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

I imagine the labling of three scenarios is a result of getting the same damn questions 10,000 times.
"Well, what about when I have a passenger, 32 lbs of luggate, a radar dish and two cats?" 
"36/42, Sir."

• Supporting Member
22 minutes ago, squarewheel said:

I imagine the labling of three scenarios is a result of getting the same damn questions 10,000 times.
"Well, what about when I have a passenger, 32 lbs of luggate, a radar dish and two cats?" 
"36/42, Sir."

Exactly.  8 billion humans of various size with various passenger and luggage configurations multiplied by every make and model of motorcycle ever produced... tire manufacturers simple answer; 36/42.  🤷🏻‍♂️

• Thumbsup 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***