2024 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GX

betoney

• Supporting Member
7 hours ago, betoney said:

I agree.  When the "latest and greatest" gets introduced at EICMA as the latest "must-have" I get all excited.  After the buzz wears off and reality sets in I ask myself, "what is lacking with my current bike that I am needing to improve with a new model?"   And the answer still remains ... "My '15 FJ checks all of the boxes and still puts a smile on my face, I'll keep it until it stops running".

This ---^

• Thumbsup 4

On 8/2/2024 at 5:36 PM, Ride365 said:

I said the same thing back in 2020, now I have an R1200GS in my garage. 😄

I'm on my third street bike in 30 years. I tend to hang onto them for a bit.

• Thumbsup 3

4 hours ago, roadwarrior said:

Not a damn thing wrong with that at all, I tend to do that with cars/guns/knives but not motorcycles. 😄I have a bad habit of buying a new bike every 4 to 5 years, and a few were replaced quicker than that.

• Thumbsup 2

17 hours ago, roadwarrior said:

Same here.  I still have my 2013 Ninja 1000.  It would have been a 2011 but I totaled that one.

The only bike that has tempted me to give up my 2019 Tracer 900 GT is the Ducati Multistrada.  However, I definitely do not see $9000 difference in spite of having ridden one.  

• Thumbsup 2

There is nothing like spending a day riding with friends in the grip of a shared obsession.

• Premium Member
On 8/2/2024 at 10:45 PM, betoney said:

I have replaced the front wheel bearings and steering stem bearings but those are cheap. 

If the motor needed a complete teardown I suppose I would need to consider the bikes value vs. repair costs.  Considering the bike is soon to be a 10 years old model with almost 85,000 miles I'm not sure of its overall value, would I be spending close to what the bike is worth on repairs?

Thinking more about it I wouldn't spend the time or money because I don't love my FJ but it does what I wanted it to do after I made the modifications that were critical or I would have gotten rid of it 50,000 miles ago 

I'll tell you the 24 Mt 09 SP looks wicked and it's light and I could take 90% of what I've got on the FJ and put it on it, and I think don't need some of the s*** too

So...

We'll see once I'm rolling...

• Thumbsup 2