tracer swingarm on fj. EDIT: with zx6r rear shock finally!

trevinator

• Supporting Member

Good job fitting the shock. Do you have some access to the preload and jam rings? I am thinking a punch or some such. Not obvious from the photos.

• Like 1

canada.gif.22c5f8bdb95643b878d06c336f5fe29f.gif

1 minute ago, piotrek said:

Good job fitting the shock. Do you have clear access to the preload and jam rings? Not obvious from the photos.

i wouldnt say clear access, but doable from the left side, same hole where i can see the compression adjusters.

• Thumbsup 1

17 minutes ago, piotrek said:

Good job fitting the shock. Do you have some access to the preload and jam rings? I am thinking a punch or some such. Not obvious from the photos.

this is what i can see of it. it should be enough to loosen and tighten the lock ring and then adjust the spring tension.

15523.09999999404_20240525_191842.jpg

• 1 month later...

just got everything buttoned up and did a test ride. the rear shock feels amazing compared to the stock shock thast did nothing but wallow out with my fat butt on it. plenty of dampening adjustment on it as well, but its pretty good at the mid range settings. the front springs feel like the perfect strength, but i went a little heavy on the fork oil. needs a slightly lower weight oil so i have better dampening adjustment and so that its not as jarring on the rough roads here. happy with it so far though!

• Thumbsup 1

got a decent ride in today with the current setup. the front is a bit stiffer than the rear as it is. its not bad, but its noticeable. i could definitely stiffen up the rear to match the front now with the new zx6r shock, which i may do, but i also have some 5wt oil inbound from the AMAZON so i could make a 7.5wt oil for the forks if i want.... thing is, i dont know yet exactly what i want to do with the suspension. the spring rates feel almost perfect now, but as far as dampening, the front feels just a bit firm, and yet a bit vague. the rear seems like it could use a bit more compression dampening, but im not sure on if low speed or high speed as of yet. i have not played with the settings on the rear shock, i just set it at the mid range settings and it seems PRETTY DAMN GOOD for my 300+lb carcass with the stiffer rear spring installed. so far, its much better than stock. the rear shock is a MUST upgrade from stock as far as im concerned. i bottomed out the stock shock, while this one is still is not even close with about 1/2" less actual travel!

• Thumbsup 1