"Hey, yer headlight's out!"

On 9/29/2021 at 8:22 AM, kilo3 said:

In our area, the cops know little to nothing about motorcycle laws so it's a mixed grab bag.
I've know people with full on led light shows under their bike not being hassled while a friend on an FJR get cited for exhibition driving while standing up to stretch his legs.

It's kind of moot now since our police are so neutered in MN they don't even pull people over for minor traffic violations like expired license tabs in minneapolis/st paul.

As you expect, motorcycle theft is through the roof. Friend on a new R1M has been tried to be blocked in by cars on two occasions this year downtown in an attempt to steal the bike.

Good to know have to be careful in MN.  Recently rode across the state from northern Wisconsin to Sioux Falls SD.  I purposefully avoided the twin cities.  On trips I purposefully avoid large cities and take the back roads.  Do the good folks in MN know any numbers higher than 55 to put on speed limit signs?  Like most places folks in small towns are nice and friendly.  On a long ride I stand up from time to time to stretch my legs but only when I am not close to anyone.

I've been told numerous times my headlight was out but never on my Tracer GT.  I have a couple of small spot lights under the main lights.  On my other bikes it happened a lot.  A few years ago had a very polite english gentleman pull up next to me at a traffic light and tell me my brake light was out.  I recognized him as one of the folks who I'd met at Barber Motorsports Museum and is a British bike expert and in the AMA Hall of Fame.  Someone who not only is a great rider but really cares about riders.

As for my Tracer GT I have had a number of folks say it is a great looking bike.  Loved the comment by a fella working at a local BBQ joint "that's a bad a$$ bike".  Seeing as I'm in the medicare age bracket I appreciated it.

• Thumbsup 1

• Premium Member
On 9/30/2021 at 4:27 PM, 2and3cylinders said:

Which is what I do, WITH a headlight modulator!

I bet  no one  wants to ride in front of you. 

• Thumbsup 1

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, fjray said:

I bet  no one  wants to ride in front of you. 

I'm a considerate guy when I'm following riders on my ride and switch down to low beam. I have it wired to operate on high beam, and an infrared sensor disables the modulation on high beam at night.  I helped Kisan Electronics in CO develop their plug n play unit for LED Yamahas.  BTW, Andy Ghandi, the owner, can provide the unit with a longer wire loom if requested.