DIY Highway Pegs

I recently joined looking for a cheap solution for highway pegs. After getting some inspiration from here and finding the passenger pegs my dad took off his Indian, I managed to put together what I think is a fairly elegant solution.

TracerPegs1_1.thumb.jpg.8c0cbadc5f6b3fa89d45c29183800033.jpg

TracerPegs2_2.thumb.jpg.991b26d6d022d0f8dacffc229276aa1c.jpg

TracerPegs3_3.thumb.jpg.54c544161c0a92e3ecb060ad43e9d652.jpg

• Thumbsup 4
  • Like 1

• Supporting Member

Hey, not bad!!

• Thanks 1

2015 FJ-09 / FJR touring bags / oil plug mod / Evotech rad guard / SW Motech bash plate / VStream touring windshield / Seat Concepts:  Sport Touring / Vcyclenut ABS rings (speedo correction) / Cosmo RAM mount

11 minutes ago, roadrash83 said:

I might be a little but afraid of the damage that peg mount could the the engine in a low side. 

True, but I don't think it would be any worse than one of those extended frame sliders. Let's hope that I never have to worry about that 😉

1 hour ago, huck said:

Thank you for the Pics!  Any idea what where I can get a set?

Just what I am looking for.

They came off an Indian Chief Vintage, so I guess if you have a local Indian dealer you could see if they have an extra set lying around. Or maybe see if you can find some on Ebay or something? There probably are passenger pegs from other bikes that would work as well. Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Maverick302 said:

I did the same thing with clamp on pegs on the engine bars

I tried that, but for the life of me I couldn't get them to stop rotating if I put weight on them, and that's a serious problem for me.  Not that it's impossible, but you'd need better clamps than the ones I had came with.