Stunt driving! New ONT law revision...

Idiot politicians here have now declared that  120km per hour (app 75mph) in a  80km (app 50mph)zone is "stunt driving or racing "!!  Licence suspension,seizure of vehicle and fine up to $5000!  Murderers get off easier!  This was previously only on 50 kms over the limit.  Have u ever passed someone going 78km / hr? U can easily be going 120 in two seconds on the Tracer 900. Now I have to fear police radar on every rural road in cottage country! Not happy!

• Confused 1
  • Sad 4

• Supporting Member

Edmonton just passed a law that will see most residential area speed limits reduced from 50 kmh to 40 kmh.  A policy of which I'm in favour.  Reduced speed increases reaction time and stopping distance.

I think Ontario is simply struggling to curb the Fast and The Furious crowd.  Lots of street racing from what I understand.  Best way to combat that is to make it VERY expensive.

I personally know of someone who was riding his sport bike on the 401 at a VERY high rate of speed when a car merged in front of him.  His best friend saw the whole thing from behind and had to scrape the tissue off of his boots and bike.

Time and place, and all that.

• Thumbsup 1

2015 FJ-09 / FJR touring bags / oil plug mod / Evotech rad guard / SW Motech bash plate / VStream touring windshield / Seat Concepts:  Sport Touring / Vcyclenut ABS rings (speedo correction) / Cosmo RAM mount

21 hours ago, Garz747 said:

Idiot politicians here have now declared that  120km per hour (app 75mph) in a  80km (app 50mph)zone is "stunt driving or racing "!!  Licence suspension,seizure of vehicle and fine up to $5000!  Murderers get off easier!  This was previously only on 50 kms over the limit.  Have u ever passed someone going 78km / hr? U can easily be going 120 in two seconds on the Tracer 900. Now I have to fear police radar on every rural road in cottage country! Not happy!

It's only in zones where the posted speed limit is less than 80km/h. Still BS, but it wouldn't apply to an 80 zone - unless you were going 130!

Edited by rlambke19

• Supporting Member

And here you go, you can thank this type of activity that ruins it for everyone else:

https://globalnews.ca/news/7989386/toronto-street-racing-project-takeover-yrp-toronto-peel-police-opp/

• Thumbsup 1

2015 FJ-09 / FJR touring bags / oil plug mod / Evotech rad guard / SW Motech bash plate / VStream touring windshield / Seat Concepts:  Sport Touring / Vcyclenut ABS rings (speedo correction) / Cosmo RAM mount

48 minutes ago, knyte said:

And here you go, you can thank this type of activity that ruins it for everyone else:

https://globalnews.ca/news/7989386/toronto-street-racing-project-takeover-yrp-toronto-peel-police-opp/

Exactly. We have only to blame the Squids and the Kid Racers... If you're doing 90 in a 50, you deserve to have the book thrown at you.

• Thumbsup 1

Those morons were drifting with spectators inches away. That’s asking for trouble. Not the same as a quick burst to 120 km/hr on an empty country road though. 

• Thumbsup 1