I need a new windscreen on my 2021 Tracer 9 GT

This is the x-creen in a hight position. Keeps me out of the wind.

But you can adjust the hight and position of course to your liking.

IMG_0246.jpeg

• Thumbsup 1

Thanks!

So after the seller said they cannot provide me a test OE touring screen nor accept returns, I called the distributer and they said the same. I'll just try Puig or MRA with the wind deflector for the winter.

• Supporting Member
2 hours ago, Phoebus said:

Thanks!

So after the seller said they cannot provide me a test OE touring screen nor accept returns, I called the distributer and they said the same. I'll just try Puig or MRA with the wind deflector for the winter.

You can buy x-creen knockoffs on eBay; I've used a ~$20 small version on all my bikes since 2016.

The small spoiler + OEM screen was the most ideal 3-season cold windscreen combination I found on the Tracer. The OEM touring screen has more coverage but it's tall and wide so it blocks ALL air if that's what you want.

Also have a large version as well but but it folds in on itself at 110MPH so it doesn't ever go on the 1290 Super Duke.

The MRA Vario is strictly 3-season warm weather in my opinion, it doesn't ever come high enough to block anything above the shoulders. But, the curve shape greatly calms the turbulence and is a pretty ideal riding experience.

Puig touring is also solid but the shape of it will cause the air it's deflecting over you to be turbulent, if you ride with a passenger they will be hit by this and it will not be great for them.

TL;DR: OEM screen + small spoiler for 3-season cold, MRA Vario for 3-season warm weather.

Also, if you're in the states I still have my Puig touring and MRA Vario screens from my Tracer 9GT in the garage. DM me if you're interested.

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member

If Jthayer09 still has his MRA Vario it'd be worth looking into if someone needs a good screen. 

I just rode with my new Vario on the 9gt and it is nice. Wind at my helmet was much calmer than before with the screen up or down. And it was also alot quieter. I turned the volume on my old Sena 10S down several notches and could listen to the radio clearly.

Edited by Chowda

12 hours ago, betoney said:

If a breeze on your neck is the worst that you encountered, consider yourself lucky.  Buy a neck gaiter, I use a light one in summer and a thick fleece wind-proof one for colder riding.

Thanks. Indeed, I always wear a bandana, even on summer temperatures and bicycle (or else I get a tight neck).

16 hours ago, jthayer09 said:

The MRA Vario is strictly 3-season warm weather in my opinion, it doesn't ever come high enough to block anything above the shoulders. But, the curve shape greatly calms the turbulence and is a pretty ideal riding experience.

Puig touring is also solid but the shape of it will cause the air it's deflecting over you to be turbulent, if you ride with a passenger they will be hit by this and it will not be great for them.

TL;DR: OEM screen + small spoiler for 3-season cold, MRA Vario for 3-season warm weather.

Also, if you're in the states I still have my Puig touring and MRA Vario screens from my Tracer 9GT in the garage. DM me if you're interested.

Thanks, that's helpful, I'll try a cheap deflector first, and then see if I need anything more. I'm from Europe, so I'll find it closer. Thanks!