Age demographic for the Tracer and its namesakes.

Age demographic for this machine.  

108 members have voted

1. 1. What age group do you fall into?

• <20
    • 20-30
    • 30-40
    • 40-50
    • 60-70
    • 70-80
    • >80
    • 50-60

• Supporting Member
5 hours ago, 1moreroad said:

I started using dial up and then the internet through forums, not social media. I'm a lot more active here than Facebook or Instagram. Maybe younger FJ riders are on the FB groups.

You could be on to something with that.  Forums might not be for everyone when Faceplant is so prolific at generating its own audience.

I was an early adopter of Faceballs (full disclosure - 20+ years in IT).  It was months before anyone I knew outside of work circles started joining.  Kept it for a while, but a few of us saw it was headed in a very dark and self-serving direction - I think I lasted about 5 years.  No regrets deleting that account.  No Insta, either.  There are already plenty of photo sharing sites with less tentacles and higher standards of corporate conscience.

• Thumbsup 1

2015 FJ-09 / FJR touring bags / oil plug mod / Evotech rad guard / SW Motech bash plate / VStream touring windshield / Seat Concepts:  Sport Touring / Vcyclenut ABS rings (speedo correction) / Cosmo RAM mount

I am 66. And I will stop riding when they pry the Power Commander from my cold dead hands...

Seriously, I started on 2 wheels when I was 11, and there hasn't been any point between then and now I've not had at least one bike on hand. I'm into the 'downsizing due to losing muscle mass' part of the exercise now, having traded my C14 for the Tracer GT. The Yamaha is a lot of fun (it'll be even better after I get the Ohlins installed), but I sure do miss that 1400cc mill in the Kawi at times.  I know at some point I'll have to give up riding/driving, but it ain't yet!

Ride safe y'all

Edited by PeterL
mistyped
  • Thumbsup 3

I’m 30 but found this forum well before I bought an FJ09. It was clear that this place was THE go to for any information on the Tracer/ FJ09. Never even looked for a Facebook group.

Everyone I know seems to like the FJ a lot and ask me plenty of questions about it. Haven’t met an MT09 rider yet but I never even considered it vs the FJ09… to me it was obvious the FJ09 was a much better all around motorcycle.

• Thumbsup 1

16 hours ago, dazzler24 said:

I've had to stick the 50-60s on the end sadly as I couldn't slot it in the right spot...moderators?

Sorry @dazzler24, I can’t see a way to undo your phuck up error.

56 by the way.

• Haha 1

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

• Supporting Member
10 minutes ago, BBB said:

Sorry @dazzler24, I can’t see a way to undo your phuck up error.

56 by the way.

Harsh!  But I'll take it. 🤷‍♂️

"I thought I was wrong once...but I was only mistaken" 😉

• Haha 3

I am mid 60’s and have been riding 50 years. The Tracer GT is a great, light bike for me that complements my Super Tenere and Tenere 700.  I am taking about a 2500 mile trip to the MSTA STAR event next week on the Tracer GT….home one day, then off for two weeks on my Super Tenere to the BMWOA rally in Great Falls with two friends.  

I do like lighter motorcycles as I age and did own a Versys-X 300 for three years/31000 miles….great motorcycle that weighed around 400 lbs ready to ride.

I may just sell my ‘15 Super Tenere and ‘19 Tracer GT later this year to buy the ‘21 Tracer 9 GT.  The only thing is that I run 45 liter Micatech saddle bags and a 46 liter top box on my Super Tenere on trips and I am spoiled by all of the storage space👍

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, whisperquiet said:

I am mid 60’s and have been riding 50 years. The Tracer GT is a great, light bike for me that complements my Super Tenere and Tenere 700.  I am taking about a 2500 mile trip to the MSTA STAR event next week on the Tracer GT….home one day, then off for two weeks on my Super Tenere to the BMWOA rally in Great Falls with two friends.  

I do like lighter motorcycles as I age and did own a Versys-X 300 for three years/31000 miles….great motorcycle that weighed around 400 lbs ready to ride.

I may just sell my ‘15 Super Tenere and ‘19 Tracer GT later this year to buy the ‘21 Tracer 9 GT.  The only thing is that I run 45 liter Micatech saddle bags and a 46 liter top box on my Super Tenere on trips and I am spoiled by all of the storage space👍

I have a t700 coming in september to partner up with my 2015 FJ09. how do you like it?

20 minutes ago, lolocastsb said:

I have a t700 coming in september to partner up with my 2015 FJ09. how do you like it?

I like it and will turn over 10,000 miles this week.  I had to re-spring it front and rear for my 220 lb weight.  I like to say that it is a modern KLR650.  The T700 engine is fabulous, geared correctly, and smooth as glass.

On 6/4/2021 at 3:11 PM, lolocastsb said:

mid 20s here. will never understand why someone would go with an MT09 over a tracer.

Neither will I but I’m 61…You seems to be pretty smart and mature for your age.

• Thumbsup 1