• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 70 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

2015 with 10k miles for $8k?

I bought a well equipped 15 for $5500 about 6 weeks ago off of a private seller.  I think I found a good deal.  ( It did need new rubber )

I see them for around $6K regularly but these are private sell prices.  Personally, I like to size up the previous owner and get the maintenance history.  It's worth the extra hassle to me.  

Edited by LarryBud

3 hours ago, LarryBud said:

I bought a well equipped 15 for $5500 about 6 weeks ago off of a private seller.  I think I found a good deal.  ( It did need new rubber )

I see them for around $6K regularly but these are private sell prices.  Personally, I like to size up the previous owner and get the maintenance history.  It's worth the extra hassle to me.  

I’ve never described it that way but much is to be said ab sizing up the previous owner and their habits. Good point!

I'd start lower, see where they go and then start negotiating for extras at a price close to what they offer, tires, accessories, etc...  Then again, if motorcycle dealers are having the same issue as cars, (lack of inventory), they may tell you to try your luck somewhere else.  But no way would I drop 8k on a 7 year old FJ/FZ

• Thumbsup 1

Bought my black '16 FJ-09 with 3800 miles for $7500 OTD. The only extras were the SW Motech engine guards. 

Prices will only be going up since used inventory is getting low and the riding season is in full swing. Best bet is to buy during off-season.

Otherwise, if riding is a must and that's the one you like, go for it.

• Thumbsup 1